BEST OVERALL GROUP DECORATIONS AND COSTUMES
You are currently browsing the archive for the Marketing category.
Liz Jernigan, Marketing, took top honors at the ADTRAV 2017 Chili Cookout with her Jalapeno Popper Turkey Chili. The other Liz (Liz Harkness, RezIntel) gets 1st Runner Up for her “Not Vegetarian Chili.”
Also worthy of mention, Robert Reynolds and Lynn Slaughter tied in the Honor of People’s Choice in this year’s Chili Cookoff.
The Marketing Associate Manager is to provide the utmost support for the Marketing department, in conjunction with building relationships and supporting the Business Development and Client Consulting teams. This associate will assist the Manager in the execution and daily oversight of all Marketing projects, should possess strong communication and writing skills, and have experience with social media, graphic design, proposal writing, event planning, and trade show coordination. The Associate Manager is to stay acutely abreast of industry trends and organization happenings in order to assist each team effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Manager and team in planning, creating, and executing marketing plans and/or projects
- Work with each associated team by providing timely responsiveness, creative ideas, and clear communication
- Promote/provide the applicable direction and marketing services to these associated departments when needed
- Oversee social media and stay abreast of all marketing trends
- Assist with the RFP process and proposal writing for potential client accounts
- Responsible for compiling information and updates for Marketing, Sales and Client Consulting, keeping each team informed
- Communicates brand strategies to promote ADTRAV and its departments
- Assist in project planning for multiple events throughout the year
- Work alongside the team regarding branding, advertising, tradeshows, and company events
- Support Marketing Manager with all aspects of the department and or team’s needs
- Execute additional projects as assigned by the Marketing Manager and Senior Vice President
Skills and Specifications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as ability to work with others in close manner
- Motivated team player who is able to deliver excellent customer service, externally and internally
- Highly detailed and organized
- Creative thinker and knowledgeable with social media
- Copy writing experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Intermediate level use of Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook)
- Ability to handle high stress in fast-paced, deadline driven environment
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, or four years of work experience in a Marketing Dept.
Supervisory experience preferred.
This position is located in the Southlake office and any associate in this position would be working from the Southlake office.
All interested associates, please forward your resume and letter of interest to HR@ADTRAV.com. Please respond no later than Monday, February 16, 2015.
For the remote audience, or anybody who missed it during Recharge, we’ve put together a video promoting our presence at the GBTA convention going on in San Diego August 4-7. This video will be playing on screens around the venue, on buses, and on the GBTA Channel in rooms throughout the hotel.
The theme this year is “Agents of Change”, and we have a secret agent theme going on. We had a lot of fun making this video down on historic Morris Avenue in downtown Birmingham!
The ideal candidate serves in developing and preparing proposals that respond to Requests for Proposals (RFPs), writes copy for sales collateral, newsletters, and white papers, by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and seeking collaboration. The candidate is also expected to assist in developing presentations and respond to any requests for information from the Sales or Executive team, be well-organized, and be able to meet firm deadlines.
Writes advertising copy from conception to completion for print and online media to promote sale of goods and services by performing the following duties:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Consults with client or account services to obtain information on product or service and discuss style and length of advertising copy.
- Obtains additional background and current development information through research and interview.
- Reviews advertising trends and other data regarding marketing of specific and related goods and services to formulate presentation approach.
- Works with Creative Director to review creative strategies, develop concepts, and provide creative lead on proposed projects.
- Reviews copy with Marketing Manager and Creative Director to ensure adherence to strategic focus and tone.
- Presents copy to internal or external client for approval, negotiates changes, corrects, and revises copy until approved.
- Writes persuasive proposals, articles, collateral, newsletters, press releases, social media posts and blogs, web content, and other related informative and promotional materials that meet program objectives.
- Meets proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; enters and monitors tracking data; coordinates requirements with contributors; contributes proposal status information; transmits proposals.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; follows proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintains proposal support database
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implements changes
- Provides copy for all methods of internal and external communications including, but not limited to: brochures (collateral material), sales/marketing letters, newsletter content, web & social media content, news releases, articles (white papers), advertising copy
Other duties may be assigned.
Skills and Specifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Multi-task oriented
- Highly organized
- Thrives in deadline-driven environment
- Collects and researches data
- Generates creative solutions
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Works well in group problem solving situations
- Completes projects on time and within budget
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service
- Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Maintains confidentiality
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed
- Writes clearly and informatively
- Edits work for spelling and grammar
- Varies writing style to meet needs
- Takes responsibility for own actions
- Prioritizes and plans work activities
- Uses time efficiently
- Reacts well under pressure
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, English, or equivalent, with a minimum two years related experience and/or training. Travel Industry experience a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have solid knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
Application Submission Requirements:
- Cover Letter with salary requirements
- Attach both of these to an email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please join us in welcoming Hayley Crooks to the ADTRAV family! She is joining the Marketing Department as a Marketing Assistant/Graphic Designer and she’ll be sitting in the cubicle across from Angie, right next to the side door exit in the executive wing.
Hayley is a graduate of Auburn’s Industrial Design Department and has spent the last several years in Utah and Colorado working for Americorps and Epicenter developing marketing strategies and collateral for developing businesses. She’s worked in printing and digital media, including screenprinting and social media publication. She will be helping us develop marketing materials and designs for some of our upcoming initiatives in 2013, and also working as internal support for our sales team and other internal groups.
Hayley recently moved back to Alabama from Colorado, and currently lives in Montevallo. She loves horses, and has worked in the past with 4-H mentoring young riders. She speaks German, and has studied abroad in Austria and Ireland.
Everybody please swing by her corner and say hello!
ADTRAV Travel Management is seeking a motivated and ambitious Marketing Coordinator to assist our Marketing Team.
- Coordinate, develop, edit, produce high quality persuasive proposals in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Event Planning – Plan and coordinate trade shows, conferences, meetings, and events
- Write newsletters
- Write press releases
- Support the production of marketing materials
- Update client-facing advertising pieces, reports, and presentations
- Track projects and team activities
- Assist with client communications and standardizing marketing materials
- Assist Marketing Manager and Marketing Director with tasks as needed
See the full job description on our website for more details and application instrucions.
I am thrilled to announce that Angie Porter will be joining the Marketing Department as our new Marketing Manager. Angie came to ADTRAV last summer to support the Sales Department and quickly became a vital member of the team when she assumed the responsibility of managing the ADTRAV RFP process. Prior to joining ADTRAV, Angie enjoyed a successful 18-year career at EBSCO where she held the positions of Account Executive and Sales & Marketing Director. Angie brings to her new role a wealth of experience, knowledge of our brand, and enthusiasm for the job at hand—supporting our company’s sales and growth goals. Welcome Angie!
Assistant Marketing Manager
Duties include but not limited to: Writing strategic and custom proposals for RFPs, manage RFPs through development and submission process, develop/assist in developing presentations, assist and ownership of sales collateral, assist in training/development of marketing team, assist in managing CRM program, marketing responsibilities including company communications/campaigns, event management/planning and working with Executive Director of Marketing to implement marketing plans.
- Individual must be very organized and able to work on several projects simultaneously
- Must be a team player, self-starter who is also innovative, professional and resourceful
- Strong writing and editing skills required
- Extreme comfort in a deadline-driven, detail-oriented role
- Ability to work effectively with sales, marketing, company management, clients, and vendors in a collaborative way
- Candidates must have a balance of strategic and creative ability
- Proficiency in Powerpoint, Word, Excel
- Knowledge of travel industry helpful
- Minimum 5 years marketing experience
If you meet the qualifications and interested in applying, please advise your manager and Debbie Howa.
Please welcome Teresa Lux, Executive Director of Marketing!