And the winner is….
You are currently browsing the archive for the Accounting category.
The CSN Team and supporters of the ADTRAV Community Impact Foundation made it happen again for Christmas. Proceeds from fundraising and support from the ACIF allowed the CSN Team the opportunity to make Christmas presents a reality for 15 children again this year. ADTRAV Family Members from Southlake, Huntsville and Vestavia did the heavy lifting and put it all together. Thanks to all of you who support the CSN Team and the ADTRAV Community Impact Fund.
Thousands of miles are in the books and three survivors rise to the top. As you may recall, we had several prizes/drawings based on Team Total, Weekly Steps Logged and Overall Steps Recorded. After an audit of steps recorded and correcting for incorrect entries, the results are as follows:
TOP TEAM!!!! – Let’s Get Fiscal – Team Drawing Winner of a FITBIT BLAZE!!! – Jennifer Collins
TOP CONSISTENT STEPPER – Individual Drawing – Winner of a FITBIT BLAZE!!! – Lucinda Ayer
TOP STEPPER – Individual Winner of a FITBIT BLAZE!!! – Sharon Posey
CONGRATUALATIONS to the winners and for everyone that participated. Stay tuned for more Health & Wellness coming soon!
Also, be advised that we are recruiting for relay team members for the 2017 Mercedes Marathon. Let Dan Crumpton know if you are in the Birmingham area on February 12, 2017 and have any interest in participating.
The Accounting Associate provides accounting services support for the entire department in determining cause and solution in reduction of correction reports and performs accounts receivable functions along with collections. This associate will also oversee the credit card reconciliation process and review of reports to clients along with other assigned duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews correction reports to determine the cause.
- Works closely with Technology to develop viable solutions for report elimination, this includes the Interface process.
- Handles all chargebacks.
- Downloads Panda travel activity.
- Completes credit card reconciliations for monthly billing.
- Reconciles accounts, reports discrepancies/problems and submits payment entries to management for review.
- Research unknown payments and unpaid invoices.
- Reviews A/R weekly; computes and records charges, refunds and similar items.
- Prepares vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports and other records.
- Makes necessary collection calls.
- Assists employees, vendors, clients or customers by answering question related to accounts, procedures or services.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Skills and Specifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Multi-task oriented and highly organized
- Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Works well in group problem solving situations
- Completes tasks correctly and on time
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Maintains confidentiality
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Supports departments efforts to succeed
- Takes responsibility for own actions
- Prioritizes and plans work activities
- Uses time efficiently and responds to management direction
Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college/technical school; or six month to one year of related experience/training; or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as accounting rules and procedure manuals and also write routine reports and correspondence. Must be able to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in oral and written form.
- Solid knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office and Crystal reports database software.
- SABRE, ARC, Worldspan and TRAMS experience preferred but not required.
Application Submission Requirements
All interested parties should email Amanda McCown and include a résumé or a summary of their qualifications no later than October 31, 2013.
Looking for the Check Request Form? You will find the link on the quick launch pane of the RezPortal home page, as shown in this image.
Thanks to Meredith Davenport for putting that page together! I hope everybody will continue to use RezKnowledge as a resource for information regarding all things ADTRAV.
I am very happy to announce that Meredith Davenport has been promoted to Assistant Manager of the Accounting department. Over the last couple of years she has worked in various capacities within the department, taken on several projects for both Robert and myself and is a proven leader which make her the perfect person for the job. Please join me in congratulating her on this achievement.
Please welcome Julie Howell in the Accounting Department!
Please join me in welcoming Robert Reynolds to the ADTRAV family. Robert will be our new VP Finance, filling the position vacated by Kern with his move to VP Technology. Robert has a very strong financial and service background and we are excited to have him on the Executive team. He will oversee our accounting department, Human Resources (including payroll) and work with me on the financial matters of the company. He is new to the travel industry, so I know he will have a LOT of questions for many of you over the next couple of months. Please help him during this transition period as you wouldn’t want him to accidently delete your name from the payroll file next week!!!! Just kidding!!!
Make it a great week and I look forward to seeing everyone in Atlanta for the annual meeting!!! Start resting now!!